Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Pat's and a bit o' history

This was a first
Because of all the fun Garrett and Danika had while these guys were in school, I decided to give them a treat after school. We stopped at Starbucks for a Vanilla Bean blended cream. A small one split in two was more than enough for them.

Picking up pizza
Take 'n' Bake was on the menu for our Friday pizza night. Wyatt was quite the cool guy over by the cold cases with his smoothie.

Party in Aunty Coco's nook
Our kitchen nook is a temporary sleeping nook. I would love bunking in there. It's so cozy. Genevieve and Danika feel the same. I think perhaps there will be a sleep over or two in the works. Complete with a movie and popcorn!

Wearing of the cereal
Lucky Charms apparently make good hearing aids. This little leprechaun is always wanting to stick stuff in his ears! We need to really watch him with that. Maybe they itch. I wish he could tell me.

The wearing of the green!
They remembered it was St Patrick's Day and picked their own outfits. I wanted to take a few pictures for their Granny and Pa.









I don't have a green shirt :0(
This will have to do for my touch o' green. It does prove that green and grey look good together. It's a very NW thing to appreciate all of our evergreen trees standing tall against a grey sky. I do appreciate all of the green.

A little tidbit about St Patrick
A friend posted on facebook this morning the following:

"No wonder he gets his own day. Here's a portion of St. Patrick's Breastplate, an ancient prayer attributed to St. Pat."

"

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger."

While I do enjoy the fun of the holiday and eating hearty home cooked food, it's good to be reminded of the man and his message.

Happy St Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

That's a cool prayer! Those kiddos sure are cute in their little sibling poses :) I'll bet you've sat in on enough Olin mills and picture people shoots to start your own studio! ;)

We didn't all wear green today but I figure that's okay, my kids are Scottish ;)