Sunday, April 01, 2012

April showers and puppy love

No foolin'
April is going to be a busy month. Or at least start out that way. We've got two birthdays to celebrate here at the end of the week followed by Easter.
Cherise will be here to do some shopping and eating for her birthday and
Wyatt is super excited to turn EIGHT!

End of Spring Break crazy
I think they are getting a bit of cabin fever after days of being out of school. This two headed monster came to find me and asked for a picture to be taken. I love their creativity and craziness. I don't enjoy how loud it can get at times. I think I'm looking forward to school starting up again more than they are :o)

Boy, boy, boy


















Within an hour of tumbling down the stairs from the kitchen to the landing without damage, this boy was crawling behind one of the chairs in the family room and didn't see the sharp corner of our subwoofer under the table. He got a bit of a gash. We cleaned him up and used liquid bandage to close the cut. It was a bit dramatic before he got a plug and snuggle from Grampa.
Back to his old self today. Climbing on stuff and crawling under and behind. He was doing a little adjusting of the chain on Harlan's bike here. He got a decent nap and he's good as new. He may end up with a cool scar in his eyebrow though.

I've become my Grandmother
My grandmother loved animals. Especially dogs. She talked to them like they were her kids and called them her "puppy loves".
I'm super excited that we will soon have the privilege of having this guy living with us. Max is our grand-dog that has been staying in Sisters with his "other grandparents". The plan was for him to join Alyssa and Logan in Virginia. Those plans have been changed for Max's sake and we will benefit from having a most excellent new pet in our family.

April showers? Bring it!
I found this line up ready for the week ahead since we are expected another several days of rain.
You, Washingtonians, enjoy your Spring Break this week.
Doesn't sound like you are going to have any better weather than we did.

2 comments:

Reese said...

Max is going to live in Portland? How fun.

And my favorite thing about this post is that last picture :)

Lyssa said...

Max is just an Oregon dog ;) simple as that.

I too like the last picture. I was telling Logan just the other day that Katie's boots are getting a bit small and he looked at me like I was crazy. Not because they aren't getting small, because they are, but because he knew I was implying we need to get her new ones... for the rain... that we don't really have here.