Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Such a pretty time of year

April Foolery


















Wyatt and Danika took part in a little bit of silly dress-up on Sunday afternoon. For some reason this goofiness takes me back to Kid's Camp years ago. Does it remind you of a tall guy and little gal doing a skit? Especially the first one with her arm around his back. Strange little drama kids.
Cherry blossom time





























I was inspired by the photos posted by our Alyssa and my sister Kelly of the cherry blossoms in Washington D.C. We have a Japanese memorial with ornamental cherry trees in downtown Portland. I was disappointed last year to realize I missed their blooms all together. I was determined to catch them this year. So Monday, after I dropped Harlan off at work after lunch, I swung across the river and took some pictures from the van. I was glad that I had a red light so I could take a few and hope that some would turn out. One of these days I need to take a walk across the bottom deck of that Steele Bridge and see the various sculptures amongst the trees. It was a beautiful day.

It's lookin' like Easter's on it's way

Easter eggs are showing up all over. Genevieve noticed these on the way to school the other morning. After G'vieve said, "Look Gramma has Easter eggs in her flowers!" Wyatt said, "Yeah she also has some on a dead tree in the house." He obviously appreciates the effort I put forth to make a pretty place to live.

Someone's growing up too fast
What a hambone!


















He doesn't want help going down the stairs. He wants to do things for himself and has definite opinions and a pretty good sense of humor. Sounds like someone is going to be TWO before long.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Sheesh! What is it with kids and acting 2 before they turn 2? Don't they know they're only 1 whole year old?! They're still supposed to be meek and quiet and accept help and just hug you all the time when they aren't playing contented in one spot, right where you left...

Hahaha! Oh man, I couldn't keep that up ;) haha, quiet... Psssh ;) how could they grow up to play hilarious dress up games (and even more up to do hillarious skits or that matter) if they were docile? Down with boring! Down with normal! Hooray crazies!! :)