Saturday, April 14, 2012

Colors of our neighborhood

Loving this season's flora
This tree in Danika's school's parking lot was loaded with white blossoms that looked so lovely against the cream building. It now has tiny green leaves mixed in and the fading blossoms are raining down with every gust of wind.

Color coordination
This house and the one following are near Hayden's college. I like the way the spring foliage goes so well with the color of the house. These bushes change their red leaves to summer green ones but they turn red again in the fall. So twice a year they match their house.






The delicate red leaves on the tree in this yard exactly match the red of the roof. Very cool.

















Harlan mentioned the other day that he likes the "baby green" of the leaves at this time of year. This building on MLK is painted in that same green.



Even Starbucks is doing it

















The MLK and Ainsworth Starbucks is painted the color of the new leaves on the tree on the side of their parking lot.

Perfect complement
The soft green of this house doesn't compete with the bounty of color but completes the entire look. This is the same yard from the previous post. On both sides of the walkway up to the front steps are hundreds of tulips. I'm sure the owner has shared the bounty of bulbs with their neighbors because the yard on either side of this one also have tulips galore but not as many as this one.
So so pretty!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I missed this one! I must say it's a fun surprise to run across such a loverly post I didn't even know was here! ;)

I need to start appreciating the flowers and trees over here like you do there. I think it'll help me get over my this-place-is-too-east drama ;)