Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rachel Joy got married

Just beautiful and very touching
 Our niece, Rachel, became Mrs Jeremy Robb this weekend. Harlan and I got to go up to Seattle and attend the wedding and reception. I am so glad we did because it was such a blessing to be a part of their day. It was especially touching to see June's (Rachel's mother who passed away) photo and a lit candle bringing her presence to the ceremony.  Raymond prayed over the couple and mentioned that he and June both prayed for Jeremy before he was even born!
Jeremy and Rachel seem very well suited for one another.


 The reception room was very lovely. Each table had heart shaped bowls of nuts and mints, candles, orange tulips and turquoise napkins.  The luncheon after the ceremony was so nice and low key but very fun too.

 2nd cousins saying "Hi"
 Cherise and Kiel's, Anabelle, and Kevin and Ann's, Kai, were both born last July. They are both so cute! Kai looks a lot like his big brother and Belle-belle looks like hers too.

More cousins!

Rachel with a few of the Hilman girl cousins. From L-R: Erin, Rachel, Meghan, Brianna, and Jodi.
A friend of Rachel's made the cake for them.  It was beautifully decorated with real roses and delicious as well.

 Visiting and catching up with family














Harlan's cousin, Judy, and his sister, Anita check out each other's digital photos. Harlan and sister Iris strike a pose.



Color coordinated cousins
 and Good Ol' Aub


















Loreli, Wendy and Janette must have called each other to get their outfits to match.  They even matched the accent color on the tables!

It was wonderful to see Aubrey and meet his wife, Rachelle! They are such a sweet couple.  Wish we were going to be at the Hilman reunion this summer to get to spend more time with them.

Name sakes
 I had to get a picture of these two guys that were named after Har's grandfather on his mother's side.  Raymond Henry and Henry Owen are both namesakes of Grampa Matson.

Traditional Sibling Picture
 It is rare to have any amount of these siblings get together without having them pose for an official picture. So here are the representatives of the Ray Hilman family at Rachel's special day. We missed Naomi (& Mike), Clint (& Judy), Bryan (& Fia) and Dennis. I joked that we had to travel all the way to Seattle to get to see Howard and he lives a block and a half away!

The Mammarazzi 
 Judy, Marlene, Janet and I were snapping photos for ourselves and those in the photo. I loved what everyone was wearing.  Just darling.  The guys cleaned up nice too :0)

Sunny Seattle
It was a rare sunny day in Seattle.  Harlan took this picture of the downtown as we headed south toward home.

Somebody was sightseeing 

I was surprised to get this picture on my phone this afternoon.  Henry and Cherise were sightseeing in Seattle. The Space Needle turned 50 years old yesterday.  I would imagine that there were quite a few visitors in the city because the weather remained beautiful today. Have a fun time!

One stop on the way home
 We were talking to Alyssa on the phone as we drove through Lacey on our way up to the wedding.  I thought it would be easier to manage the lonesomeness of them not living there anymore.  She mentioned that if we had time we should stop at one of their favorite burger places on our way home.  We were coming through at around 7 p.m. so it was a great time to stop and have a bite to eat.  We chose a booth for two on the side of the restaurant that didn't remind us of our many times eating there with the "kids".  Our meal there and time together perfectly topped off a terrific day trip!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Lovely post mom, I sure wish Rachel had gotten married last year. I didn't realize we were missing out on a mini family reunion up there :(

Also, when I mentioned you should stop by Norma's "for us" I was thinking that I would love you to have a good time and eat some delicious food and smile. Little did I know that their new sign out front would bring on a rather large wave of homesickness and believe it or not the first photo induced tears. I'm glad that you got to stop, I hope you had a good time, I wish so bad that I could be with you and give you all hugs.

Courtenzia said...

The Lacey lacking Godsiff part made me cry =(

But I'm happy for Rachel and her new hubby! Wish I could've gone too, but I forgot to RSVP =/