Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Global Awareness

I should get this or maybe not
Unfortunately, this is mostly true. I'll keep you posted when I find a way to remedy this.

Freddy's fun
Our Fred Meyer has started their major renovation. The tentative complete date? Thanksgiving! It is kinda fun searching to find where they've put certain items. If I'm not in a hurry when I'm shopping, I'll just pretend it's a scavenger hunt. There were no balloons on this day so Garrett got a sticker and then asked nicely for a second.
Goofy little spoiled shopper.

Pretend teenager
I don't know how many times I've seen teenagers posting pictures of themselves trying on clothes. I'm just as cool as they are so... Here's my outfit for the wedding.

A couple more Cool Kids


















I have got to get Hayden's senior pictures taken. Though he will get a CD from PCC with a picture of himself in his cap and gown that we can have printed for the graduation wall.

Danika swiped Aunty Krystle's White Sox cap and wanted to have a picture taken. It's refreshing to have someone enjoy posing for pictures. Some boys don't like it at all.

Global Awareness Night at the school
Harlan mentioned that there weren't any parents recording with iPhones the last time we were in this auditorium for a performance. The video recorder we had at the time recorded on actual VHS tapes. It was the '90s after all.
Last night though, I didn't get any really good photos during the performances. But you get the gist of it. Genevieve's class is on the stage singing a song based on the book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear".
She has the purple cat puppet. Most of them are also wearing 3 cornered hats that they sang about with the whole school.

Various activity areas












Wyatt and a classmate had an impromptu drum performance on the garbage can in the hall where all of the Family Tree posters were displayed.
Mr Lamp's room had 3 different crafts from around the world. The kids did two of them. Foil bead making and mini rain tubes or some sort of shakers.

School library
I took this picture for Rylan. I think there are seven or eight of these computers in the library. I don't know what kind they are or how old they are but he should be able to figure that out on his own.
It was a scrap-booking bonanza in there. Danika made a couple of sheets with stickers.
There was minimal supervision so everyone was pretty much doing their own thing.

















There isn't much that these kids enjoy more than cutting, glueing and making scraps out of perfectly good papers. They sure were in their element tonight.

We are from America
On the whole it is nice to know where different cultural differences originate but officially these guys are born in the U.S.A.
They're silly children and all American.

Back on the home front









I mentioned the remodel at Fred Meyer.
I dragged Harlan over there on his coffee break today to see this chair that was a floor model on sale. We picked it up. It was a $300 chair. Final discounted price...$46.

I like that kind of deal! And I like my new "Family" doo-dad on the shelf there in the den.

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

LOVE this one! I have very fond memories of that library :) Looking at the pictures I can almost smell it. Ahhhh :) So how 'bout it Ry? What kind and how old are those compys??

I really really like that chair! And your doo-dad but I really like the chair! :D

Give those all American cousins some hugs from our Yankee-Kiwi mutts out east! ;)

loverstreet said...

Awesome chair!

What wedding do you have coming up? Did I miss someone's engagement? You are cooler than a teenager btw.

Reese said...

That would have been fun to go to their family night. I do like that school =)

And I agree with everyone on the chair, very good indeed =)

mommarazzi said...

No, Lindsey you didn't miss an engagement. Though our Krystle is engaged and her wedding date is "sometime in the future" at this point.

Our niece is getting married in Seattle this coming weekend. Harlan and I are driving up and back on that day. Very grateful for our big kids that are going to be riding herd on the little kids while we are away.