Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Heart Conversations

February is all about L-O-V-E
And sugar!  I haven't done any baking as it's not really my thing. I have made a dent in the Valentine candy aisle at Fred Meyer though. And then there were those doughnuts...
Saw this on a Proverbs 31 website
Isn't this a cute idea? I would love to look up applicable Bible verses for those little candy sayings. You need to jump on those teachable moments when they come across. 
"The Lord our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." Deut 6:4-9


Remember when we did this?
It seems like we cut out silhouettes of Washington and Lincoln every February during our elementary years. Back when we celebrated both of their birthdays separately. 
 Sometimes we'd trace each other's shadows so we had silhouettes of our own.
New and Improved silhouettes


















I tried to make silhouette type photos of Genevieve and Wyatt. I took their pictures and used my trusty photo editor. I think these are artsy and cool.
Profiles of our growing up grandkids. They are getting so big.

My beautiful neighbor's quilt
I used befunky.com to edit this picture taken by our Middle St neighbor in Calumet, MI.
I love the colors on the quilt Gracia Bracco made. She does beautiful work. 
I miss the white winters in Raymbaultown. I appreciate this glimpse into the old neighborhood. 
There's definitely something nostalgic about a clothesline. When I get my back yard worked on, I'm getting a clothesline. It's now officially on the to do list ;0)

No comments: