Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our Valentine girl is TWENTY-ONE

Our Hearty-heart had a birthday
Genevieve wrote a message for Courtney to see first thing in the morning.



She was also greeted by twenty-one roses that Harlan and I got her. Charlie took her shopping and she found a cute red satin shirt to wear for her first happy hour!
 It happened to be Charles' first Happy Hour as well. Both of them got carded. We didn't :(
 Valentine's date for both couples


Harlan wore a red shirt so I wore my red scarf to match. Courtney and Charlie celebrated their 3rd Valentine's Day as a married couple. Har and I our 34th!
 Dessert for two! Newport Seafood Grill had a special of the day cheesecake. 
My little Valentines

 I picked up cards for all 9 grandkids but these local ones got spoiled a bit more by balloons and stuffed animals. The girls got TY kittens and the boys got puppies. Garrett's says "Who do I love? Youuuuuuuuuu" Wyatt's says the same thing with 3 additional phrases. 
The cards got to SanDiego and D.C. a day late but the kids were still excited to get their cards and lollipops from Grampa and Gramma.

Birthday festivities continue










The family sat around and watched Courts open her presents. 

The presents from Logan and Alyssa and Kiel and Cherise came in the mail and I squirreled them away and brought them out in time for her to open with her others. The girly looking knife from the Godsiff's could be packed in Charlie's bag on drill weekends. It is sharp enough to shave with! She also liked the "grown up" quilt that I made for her.
Danika made her a special birthday/Valentine card. So sweet!
Funny boys with their mustaches

 Thanks for the chocolate mustache chuckle, Lys and Logan and to Cherise for sending this picture of Henry. 
Happy 21st Birthday, Courtney! 
Courtney's friend made this cake and surprised her the night before her birthday. A bunch of them surprised her at the Rhienlander and then came back here for cake. It turned out that there was a perfect heart shaped piece leftover for her family party.

The gang went out to see "GREASE"
I bought tickets to Cam's high school's musical production of Grease for the kids to have a night out and the married "kids" to have a date night.














We let them used the van and Har & I  stayed home with the grandkids.
Charlie and Jess, though acting a bit camera shy, both enjoyed the outing. I'm sure that Joylynn would have loved it to be the sing-along night (on Friday) but she said she sang along with the songs anyway.

Grampa and Gramma's evening
Garrett loves wearing the headphones to listen to Grampa play. This time the headphones were unplugged and we all could hear the music but he wanted them on anyway.
I love hearing Har at the keyboard.
It was a great way to end the day.

2 comments:

Reese said...

What a great valentines and birthday! I like Genevieve's cute message and I like Courtney's cute outfit :)

Lyssa said...

Oh man! Why didn't I look at this one before? Awesome :) Looks like it was a happy grown up birthday. Happy hour, a knife, a musical... good stuff! :)

We loved those mustaches, I was so excited that they came in cousin matching colors! :) Too fun.