Monday, February 11, 2013

Kadie's kitties and Beverly Cleary sculpture garden

Friendly felines


Kadie's kitties joined us at the bridal shower on Saturday. She has three of them. The siamese is uber friendly! The yellow tabby is as well. I was amazed by them, as our cats make themselves scarce whenever there are children or people they don't know around. The Hambleton home has a couple of very hospitable pets.

There is one little fellow that is not very social. I did get to see him as he came downstairs. He's the pure white one here.
 The tabby decided that the shower was pretty boring after all and took a nap. Seeing him on his elevated nest makes me want to get our cat tree out of storage. I'm sure that our girl kitties would love to sit up high and observe the world outside.
West side welcome
This is Joylynn's neighbor's cat. It was sitting on top of Jess's truck as we drove up and had jumped down to the tool box where I was able to get a picture of him. I can almost hear him say, "Well, hello there!" in a deep voiced Italian accent. I wish I remember some of these cats' names :P
Grant Park and the sculpture garden
Beverly Cleary is one of Portland's favorite authors. She hasn't lived in this neighborhood for nearly 80 years but her stories, set here, are still being read by children all over the world.
In honor of her beloved literary characters: Henry, Ribsy and Ramona, a sculpture garden stands in Grant Park. I happened  by there today on my way to Cam's school.

 When the weather gets warmer there will be water spraying up in the center of these statues. I'm looking forward to bringing the kids there to play on the playground and splash in the fountains.

 Valentines Day is around the corner
 I didn't buy any of these Moonstruck chocolates but did think they would make a nice little Valentine treat. They are pretty but pretty spendy too!
 I did splurge on this dozen doughnuts. Aren't the heart shapes so cute!

One of my favorite books to read to the kids



This big board book is so fun to read. It's about giving and receiving love. The illustrations are whimsical and amusing. I might bring it in to Danika's classroom to read on Valentine's Day. Those Kindergarteners would love it!
I stood in line for more than 30 minutes at the post office to get these cards mailed out. They aren't kidding when they say they are cutting back on USPS services. We have only 2 clerks working at our post office. I got there with 18 people ahead of me in line. There was only one clerk at that time. When the 2nd one came back from her break the first one left to take hers. When she came back after 15 minutes she started to take prepaid packages that people have come in and just put on the counter. When I left there were well over 20 people in line behind me. 
I hope my Valentine's get to you grandkids by or on Thursday.

I think I Skype will be in order on that day too!

I miss these little princesses

 Evie's new bangs look so cute! 
Anabelle's hair is long enough to sweep gracefully to the side in her signature baby Rapunzel style.
Sure wish we could have these girlies running around here with their siblings and the cousins for Aunty Coco's birthday. 

Our baby girl is going to be turning TWENTY-ONE!


1 comment:

Reese said...

Aw, cute kitties. We have been talking about getting a kitty sometime. But not in this apartment. Henry would like a cat, he saw a leashed kitten at the farmers market and wanted to take it home.

Hopefully those few usps workers know where in SD to find Henry and Anabelle :)
Our post office wasn't bad. 4 people in front of us when we came but around 12 behind us wen we left.