Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New projects and time to do them


Pretty plate = palatable 
Wyatt and Danika got treated to sugar dipped strawberry fans on their toaster waffles this week. Genevieve got a blueberry in each hole on hers because of her strawberry allergy. It's hard to get these kiddos to eat in the morning these days. They used to wake up hungry but not so much now. Maybe when spring gets here and they run outside more that will change.
New Springy gadget
 I had several coupons to use at Joann Fabrics this week.  Their Spring decor was all on a pretty good sale and with my additional % off, the price of this twirly utensil holder came down into a reasonable price range. (alright... it was still too expensive but it was so pretty and very functional!) I bought the coordinating placemat too. We serve most of our dinners buffet style so this is going to be a much used and (for me) much loved addition to my dining room. It makes me happy.


The beauty continues 
Courtney's birthday bouquet is still lovely. I have never seen this variegated variety of mum before. I'm so impressed with their hardiness. Only the rose faded, as roses are prone to do. Thanks, Courts, for sharing your flowers with us.
Who would you like to greet you?




I came into the house yesterday morning and was greeted by Belle sitting in the playhouse on the window sill. The kids sure enjoy that place. I would much rather be welcomed by a Disney princess than a gargoyle! I took a picture of this one perched above a door across from Cam's school.
What is said to be the purpose of the gargoyles on the top of buildings? The National Cathedral in Washington D.C. has one that looks like Darth Vader. 
I have sewing projects!!!
 I'm starting on a small quilt for a friend's daughter's birthday. She is going to be one. He big sister has one of my quilts but she does not. It's going be be cute.
This pallette is going to be a beach blanket for our San Diego kids. The names of the two prints are "Sandy Stipes" and "High Seas".
I had to pick out a girly pattern for this Bellie-girl so picked the pink fabric.  I'll make sure to take a picture of the finished project as I just may depart from my tried and true method. 
I have a full day today to work on projects. 
Tomorrow I get to play with Garrett!
Fun fun times.

No comments: