Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sending soft hugs and prayers

Poor little buddy

This is Simon. He is like one of our own grandsons. He belongs to one of our "adopted" daughters, Lalita. He's been down with a bug and had a couple of trips to the ER (pictured here)  He seemed to be turning around but is now in the hospital with an excruciating headache. His spinal fluid shows an infection. They have ruled out a bacterial cause, so more testing is needed. He needs some relief and his mom and dad need our support too.
I went for a visit
I'd been up to Doernbecher with Garrett before so I was somewhat familiar with the place.  In looking at the map next to the elevator I'm happy that I had been there before. What a huge complex of buildings! Parking is difficult to find but I found a spot in the garage that I parked in once a month while Alyssa and Krystle were getting orthodontia at the Dental School. It was right by the elevator to Doernbecher.
Simon requested a stuffed dog. I picked up a little one along with a couple of picture books about dogs. With his head hurting so bad he can't read for very long before it causes more pain but he will enjoy adding these to his library at home.
I wish I could do more to help Bob, Lalita and Simon.  He's not up to visitors today so we'll be thinking about them and praying for a speedy diagnosis and recovery for the little guy. 
Hugs and prayers




1 comment:

mommarazzi said...

The diagnosis is in and it's not good. Simon has an infection between his skull and his brain near the brain stem. He will need surgery today.

Poor little guy. No wonder he has so much pain!
More prayers for him, his mom and dad.