Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Too busy to sew = too busy

I'm living vicariously through Alyssa and my sister, Kelly these days. They are sewing and embroidering and accomplishing some things I'd like to.
Safety first is important
I love this. I wear my glasses when I'm sewing now. Breaking a needle can cause serious injury. Alyssa is taking no chances. She was determined to finish her "Portland Quilt".
And she did it!
Alyssa chose fabrics for a quilt that reminded her of Portland and the Northwest in general. That finished quilt looks mighty fine in the Virginia sunshine! You did a beautiful job Alyssa.
My sister loves her job
My sister, Kelly, works in a quilt shop. Sigh....  I'm not really that jealous ;0) as I don't think our household budget could handle me being around those fabrics and notions. It would be like putting a kid in a candy store. One thing would be nice though. Making sample items for the store. I think that is what she's doing here.
I have not gotten brave enough to embroider a multiple colored pattern yet but Kel and Alyssa are continuing to encourage me to do it. I have all of the necessary threads and patterns. I just need to eke out the time and overcome my fear of messing it up.
One of these days I will post a picture of a project of my own.

My crazy life at the moment
In the meantime, I've got kids to get to school! My taxi service is keeping me very busy. Keeping the college kids', high school kid's, and grandkids' schedules straight and getting everyone where they need to be on time is a challenge. I live in my van most days. Spring Break is 4 weesks and 2 days away. I would love for that week to find me walking up to Whole Foods each day for their freshest produce and seafood and a daily loaf of bread. I can pretend we live in Europe where people do such things :0)



1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Ooh! I like your idea for spring break! I think you should make a goal of cooking* at least three meals native to various European nations (*or acquiring). Dad would love it :) You could also learn a greeting from each nation!

Perhaps a guten tag or two may coming your way? Maybe a bonjour or yassou? Then of course there's always terve ;) maybe too easy but delicious either way!