Monday, February 04, 2013

Family, Fifty-five, friends, football and first day

Happy Faces from MI

Luc and Lexa's school pictures are on my fridge!
Thanks for the package, Kara, and the sweet note, Lex.
You guys are growing up too fast!

Finally found a 55+ offer
 "Seniority has it's privileges." A lot of restaurants make you wait until you're 60 for the senior discount. Not IHOP. We stopped in there after dropping Krystle and Cam off at Youth group on Friday night. We were pleased in the pocketbook and sufficiently suffonsified. 

Ravens VS 49ers Super Bowl XLVII
 We have an almost ideal arrangement of furniture for about 14 people sitting and watching the game and we have plenty of rug space for the little guys to be playing and watching too. Joylynn brought the kids in to hang out with us. Three of The Zywicki girls were here plus one boyfriend. Krystle's friend, Christopher was here with his son. It was a very nice group.
These 'Papas sure a popular with these grandsons.

 Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil. 
We should have all followed Molly in covering our eyes during half time :-O
Vinny on keyboards and Garrett on guitar is much nicer entertainment.





 It took me until after half time to get my camera out to document our Super Bowl Party. It was our family (minus a few) and the Zywicki family (minus a couple). We couldn't figure out how many years we've been watching the Super Bowl together but it's got to be going on 20. We started having parties when we worked the 4th Sunday evening in the nursery together. Tom would bring rabbit ears so we could tune a tv into the game and we'd have snacks. 
We appreciate these traditions and the time we can spend with our growing families. 

First day at Grant

"Mom, do you have to take a picture?" He might as well have asked me, 'Do I have to breathe'. Yes, Cameron, I did have to take a picture as you headed out of the house. I also had to take one of the sunrise glow and fog as we headed toward your school. I took one last click as you walked toward your schoolhouse.

I will concentrate on the imagery of the cross over your shoulder as you were leaving the house and try to get the gnarled tree towering over you as you walked by it out of my head.

"There is a time for everything,
  and a season for every activity under the heavens" Ecclesiastes 3:1

This is your time, Cam, to make your path.
Be patient with me though, I've got some growing to do too.

2 comments:

loverstreet said...

you are so wise to know it isn't just cam that is going to be growing. good luck with the transition--i hope it brings great experiences for you both!

Lyssa said...

My heart is with you today. I wish I could be there these first few weeks to pray with you, shop with you, and to remind you that you have raised a brilliant, funny, awesome young man. It'll be a journey for you both but I know that you guys are going to get through and be stronger for it! I love you so much. Hugs to you and dad, high fives for Cam ;) hang in there!!