Monday, February 18, 2013

Some random photos + more

Intriguing place

 I've been meaning to stop in here with Harlan for a lunch or happy hour or something. But it never seems to be on my radar when we have the opportunity to go out. I know Krystle has met her friend, Sarah, there many times for a bite to eat. It's really close to this max stop on Interstate and Albina. 
I love taking pictures of Max trains.  I've got some sort of fascination for all trains, street cars and trolleys. I haven't done much travel by train but have enjoyed the times I have.
 Washington Park Railroad
 I don't know if this train changed its name when the zoo did. It is the train that does tours around the perimeter of the zoo and in the summer runs down to the Rose Garden at Washington Park. We saw this red engine switching tracks to hitch up to one of the other engines when we were at the zoo on Friday.


Train tracks disappearing in the distance always make me wonder about the people traveling on them. I love the way the railroads played such a huge part in settling the west. I don't think I'd have liked to travel across on those first trains. I get mighty sore riding around the zoo on unpadded seats for our annual Zoo Lights ride.

Krystle's friends

















I made Krystle and her friend Christopher pose together for a picture since they looked so nice in their matching outfits yesterday. She assured me that they had not planned to wear the same colors. He's a nice guy and we are slowly getting to know him and his little boy Gabriel. 
He seems to be a good dad and he treats Krystle like a princess. 
It's very nice to see him and Gabriel at church each Sunday.

What's on my list you ask?
I obviously found it at Fred Meyer's!
There were two more bags, a gallon of milk and a block of ice around the corner on the front railing of the porch. I didn't realize we were out of so many basics. One bag contains things that I found at 70% off of the clearance price.  I found a few things for Katie, whose birthday is coming up, and a couple more girls are going to be thrilled with the fun knee socks I picked up for them.  But other than those things, this is groceries for a week. (Hopefully it will last the week!)

Sunshiney Saturday & those Beach Babies
Haven't started counting the days until we get to see these kids again but will start soon.
I'm happy to see that they are enjoying their beach time.
Thanks for warming our winter chill with sunny pictures, Cherise.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I love train tracks too! Seeing them disappear into the distance makes me want to wander down them and see where they take me... then I remember that tracks are for trains and content myself with thoughts of destinations and stick to walking trails! Haha. I wish that tickets were a bit cheaper. Maybe one of these days we'll save our pennies and take a trip to the mountains over here. I've heard there are one or two... maybe...

P.S. Freddies is amazing, I miss it!
P.P.S. Christopher and Krystle look adorable ;)