Saturday, January 28, 2012

The boys and celebrations

Evie is not a boy
I know this post is supposed to be about the boys and their accomplishments but I'm putting this cute little imp on here too. Her mom sent me this picture of a post smile grin and I thought it was adorable! She's super precious!!!

End of semester Celebration!










The temperature was right at freezing yesterday morning as the boys and I dropped the other kids off at school and headed out on an adventure to celebrate the end of the first semester for this school year. The fog was pretty cool looking and the frosty grass just added to the coolness.
When cold weather hits our roads get stripes of de-icer sprayed on them. It seems to be somewhat effective. At least when you see the stripes you know to slow down and watch for icy patches.

Out to breakfast with Hayden and Cam













We ate at at IHOP but the window shades say GOHI and the receipt read DOHI. Whatever you call it... we had a fun time there laughing and kicking back with no school to worry about. Thank you Krystle for watching Danika and Gar-bear so we could just relax and have a morning away.













A tasty time was had by all.

My guys
Everyone wants to be part of the "in"crowd.
Here they have arrived!

Teacher recognition
Wyatt was awarded a certificate from his teacher at an awards assembly. Unfortunately he never told us about it so we weren't there to see him recognized.
He is a thinker all right. He always has his wheels turning and loves creating inventions.

Headed to a Birthday Party














Genevieve got to go to a party a few weeks ago. Now it's Wyatt's turn. His classmate Eden turns eight this weekend. She had a boy and girl party at her house.













Good luck trying to get those boys off of that trampoline. Her little sister was bouncing around in the center.
















I think that this spread might bring 'em back into the house. It was nice to meet a few of the parents and see that Wyatt has a nice bunch of friends.





Happy Birthday MOM!!!
Today is my mom's birthday. I don't have a recent photo to post so I'm posting one that I've had on here before. The one with me at the Houghton County Airport before I headed back to Portland from my time there this summer.





I mentioned on facebook that I want to grow up to be more like her. So far I've got the brown eyes and the grey hair. I'd love to have her energy and some of her giving nature.















If you've spent time with my mother and actually had her sit down with you and visit that's great. Most of the time she has to be doing. So when she's here in Portland, she's going non-stop. This picture was from this past summer at Kelly's house in the valley.

If it makes her happy to sweep and scrub that's fine. I for one appreciate her expertise and organizational talents. (I missed out on that gene). So thanks Mom you're loved and cherished above all others.

Happy Birthday Mom, Gramma, Muumuu!
Hope you had a terrific day

No comments: