Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Goofy guy and signs of Spring?

Garrett the Goof


Most of the time when I catch Garrett doing something he shouldn't, he tries this smile out on me. This time he was sitting in the papasan chair we have for the littlest grandchildren. He loves sitting in it and turning on the music and vibrate mode. He is beginning to understand more of what we say to him. After he got up from here and started to walk away I asked him to turn off the music and he came back and did it without me saying it twice.










Gar-bears like Butter!



This morning I came into the dining room and found Garrett in his highchair at the table eating butter with one hand and holding a butter knife in the other. We've had butter eaters before but I don't remember them starting so young. No cheesy smile this time. He knew he was in the dog house.












Payday lunch outing
It's on the menu for us to eat out on payday, which is Thursday. We did a swap this week. I had the three youngest kids at the house so we hopped in the van, swung by BPA to pick up Har and pulled into the only parking place left at Burgerville.
Garrett fell asleep on the way so we unbuckled his carseat, carried it in and he slept through the whole lunch hour.

Mrs Charles Domina is in the house
With Charlie away at the Job Corp camp for the next year or so, we have opened our home once again for Courtney to stay with us. We really don't know where she is going to end up setting up a living space. We are just scooting things around to accommodate her things at this point. Some of their stuff is going to stay in storage at her in-laws house (thank goodness!). Helping her and Charlie in this way is the least we can do to support them at this time. Courts is still working at ToysRUs/BabiesRUs and going to PCC. Perhaps she'll be able to get into a little apartment. That would be much nicer for the two of them on the weekends he's able to come home. Now to get our other "bounce-backs" onto a 1 or 2 year plan to be out and on their own again. It's a goal anyway.

Blooming Rhododendrons in NE Portland









The rhodies in front of our house are some of the last to bloom in the spring. They usually are open around Mother's Day. So I was surprised by a flash of pink as I pulled into the parking lot at Danika's school today. There are two small rhodies starting to bloom on the edge of the property. I'm sure there are many different varieties of these shrubs so it may not be unusual. But the temps have been in the 50s this past week. Today it got close to 70 in Walla Walla and at Cherise's house.

Weird and wacky weather. I miss winter :0/

I'll have to log on to pasty.com and check out the Lift Bridge Cam to see the flurries and snow banks getting bigger back there in the U.P. Yup you betcha!

1 comment:

Reese said...

Aw, cute Garrett. I would love for Henry to nap that hard once in a while :P well I guess he's sleeping now so I'll take what I can get!