Monday, January 16, 2012

Water in several forms and January changes

Kid's decor
As I was taking down Christmas decorations in the living room the kids were busy "decorating" in the music room. I'm happy that all of their treasures were collected in one place and not all over the floor! Miraculously, today...two days later, they are still gracing the piano.

Winter mix of weather
We made a quick stop at McD's after church. While we were there we had one of many little snow showers pass through.
They sure are pretty when they come but we rarely have any type of accumulation. The kids are anxious for a snow day. Don't think it's going to happen this year.
Later in the day I snapped this photo of totally liquid precipitation through the windshield of our van.

A friend's birthday Pool Party!
This is the very first time that Genevieve has attended a birthday party without having any of her siblings with her. Her friend Maya (second from left) turned six this week. The party was at East Portland Community Center & Pool. What a great facility!

















There seems to be something for everyone. Nice shallow play place for young children with a shark slide, a lap pool, hot tub, and a water slide.



















Little Miss Muffet loved it. She was literally the last one out of the pool after the whistle was blown. Playing in the water is a lot of work and it had been a long time since lunch so a stop at the snack machine was in order.

Out with the old ~ In with the new











The flower arrangement that Lyssa and Logan and the kids got me for my birthday several weeks ago had finally dried and died. I love the little nest basket and red bird so while I was waiting for Genevieve's party to be over I ran to do some grocery shopping. I grabbed a bouquet on the way out and VOILA I have a new arrangement to enjoy for a week or so!



No comments: