Saturday, January 14, 2012

Start of a lazy weekend

Saturday morning cartoon watchers
Watching Saturday morning cartoons isn't what it used to be. Today as the kids wandered into the den, too early for my taste, I put on an On-Demand cartoon from the kids tv selections. One thing I like about that is no commercials! They look a little zoned out but it was early and it was cold so they were all snuggled in together and were quiet for a little while anyway.

My new plaque
I got this for my laundry room. As if the washer and dryer sitting there wasn't indication enough. I am so thankful that all of my kids over the age of 7 do their own laundry. It helps out a lot! Household appliances are another thing I'm grateful for. My mother-in-law used to sit and smile when she heard her dishwasher or washing machine running. She enjoyed these "maids" working as much as I do.

Projects in the works














These first two photos are the fabrics that I was wanting to get quilts made for Christmas for our boys. As you can see they are still yard goods. I do have all of the lining fabric cut and stacked already. The grey and cream palette is going to be for both Hayden and Cameron. Cam's is going to have the light grey on the back and Hayden's is going to have the cream color on the back. The grey and blue plaid and solid blue are the front and back of what will be Rylan's quilt.



Other palettes




I looked through all of my fabrics today and did a bit of organizing. I put together a few fabrics that I think will make pretty nice lap quilts. I am toying with the idea of making the jungle print one as a contribution to the school fundraiser.

Which grouping do you like best this time?


Not so Angry "Bird"
We kept this guy up til nine tonight. I hope he sleeps in. He has been crawling into bed with us in the wee hours lately. He ran around and climbed and crawled and played in the family room all evening and got pretty worn out.
One of the things he played with was the Angry Bird that I got from Rowan and Katie. I love the fact that it doesn't have any sort of sound maker inside of it. It is just a plush little plaything that makes me happy.

Today was a Saturday of not having to go anywhere for anything.
That made for a very happy day.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Cute grands you got there :)

I like the bird fabric group!