Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow, schoolyard and sugar highs

Our "big" snow event
I took this picture tonight since I'm sure by morning it will have melted and turned to rain since there is a strong storm coming from the south bringing warmer temps. The snow actually started to fall after dark tonight. It is 32 degrees so the snow is very wet.
This morning the chickens and I woke to only a dusting of snow that quickly melted.

Soggy schoolyard










The school yard has suffered quite a bit with all of the rain we've had as well as the use and abuse it gets from all the kids. Two piles of bark dust were delivered today. It was hard not to let Wyatt and Genevieve play on those piles. Wyatt wanted me to take his picture so I made Genevieve pose for me too. Notice the standing water out in the field behind Genevieve. All of the grassy areas are muddy and slippery. They picked a great time to deliver the stuff.


Sugar stop at 7Eleven
I used to stop every once in a while at 7Eleven with Wyatt last year after school on our way back into town. Today I decided to swing by our local one to let them get them Slurpees.
I didn't want Garrett to have a drink to spill all over himself so I got him a doughnut. Not the best choice as he got quite a buzz from eating only 1/2 of it.

Not super sugar addicts
These guys are not constantly seeking sweets. They get a dessert a few times a week. These are the candy bags from Halloween that they are still working on finishing.

What is this?


















Harlan and I like dark roasts of coffee. We haven't tried too many other kinds. I wonder how this blonde coffee is going to go over. If I had to pick one would I want "mellow & soft" or "bright & clean"?
Neither really suits me. I'm soft but not too mellow these days.
I think I'm pretty bright but define "clean".

I think I'd pick the one with the porch swing.
Veranda! That's fun to say!

2 comments:

Reese said...

Very nice snow, too bad you don't get to enjoy it more. I don't know about that blonde coffee either. I'd have to try it before I got it.

Lola Bacon said...

We had a sample here at work - it was ATROCIOUS! It tasted and felt gross. Other folks in the office didn't mind it, they didn't love it, but they didn't mind it either.