Monday, January 02, 2012

Focus on the Grands

Family Planner Calendar
Last year Alyssa bought me a calendar that I could write in the schedules of our kids and grandkids. Who was coming and going. What appointments were needing to be gotten to and who was in school and who had time off. It worked great.
I couldn't find an identical one this year but found one that should work pretty slick. It has a few other features and we'll see if we can incorporate them as well.
Thanks Lys for encouraging me to empty some of the stuff I was holding in my head (not so successfully) and getting it on paper.

I love watching my grandchildren interact
















Garrett has become more interested in Anabelle. I found him watching her yesterday morning.
He picked up his new guitar to show her.
















He tried to serenade her but she was more interested in chewing her fingers.

My life for the past year and a half has been pretty much focused on kids and grandkids. Not that it was a whole lot different than my life prior to 18 months ago. But I have a more up close and personal, hands on relationship now. Thus my blog posts are going to continue to be full of photos of the grandchildren, their activities and their antics.

New Years Day = Sunday= Day of "Rest"aurants









Since the boys were home with their overnight house guest, it was just Har and me and the 4 at church on Sunday morning. They asked if we could go out to eat before going home. They were pretty good at sitting through the whole adult service so we gave them their choice of restaurants. I guess we should have expected the outcome of their vote. McDonalds now has apple slices in all kid's meals! Garrett finished his apples and then decided to go for the fries. The kids' meal fries package size has been substantially shrunk too in keeping with their healthier focus. Garrett is pictured with the cartons for the large, regular and kids sized fries. He made the right choice!

Blessing of Friendship
I've done more soul searching at the end of 2011 and into this new year than I ever have before. Resolutions are made and broken so readily. I'm not making any except to live purposefully. I want to deepen my current relationships and be open to new ones.

Out of my comfort zone? Yes, but I'm open to it. Here goes....
I'll let you know how it's working for me :0)

No comments: