Monday, January 09, 2012

New tricks and other seasonal stuff

Snowbuddy Love
Garrett has not been a stuffed animal kid. He has a few but I've never seen him cuddle with any of them. Until he saw this guy today. As soon as I picked it up and handed it to him he hugged it. He was hooked. Today was the first time he's identified his eyes, nose and mouth because he pointed out Osu's too. He is now cuddled up in his crib with his snowbuddy.
Getting him to sleep is starting to be a challenge because we have entered into the ...

Battle of the Bedtime
You know that he climbs right?
Well he now climbs out of his port-a-crib here and his big crib at home.
I put him down for a nap and heard him moving around so I sneaked my camera around the corner. He noticed it but didn't see me until I stepped into the room and he proudly smiled at his accomplishment.



















His happy bubble was burst very quickly.



















It took a long long time of repeatedly laying him back down and telling him to go to sleep to finally have him do it. Tonight he only got out six times before he stayed put. Going to be a long few days or weeks depending on his fortitude.

After Holiday Decor
A lot of people like to add a few new things to their decor after the Christmas stuff has been taken down. A little something to brighten up the dreary days of winter before the spring flowers start showing up.
I'm amazed at some of the things that people are decorating with. Nothing says "welcome" in a room like rooster heads and bowling pins!
Maybe there's a reason they're on the clearance table.


My kind of sentiment
With only 6 pro football games to watch until the SuperBowl, the season is winding down. I don't remember when I've enjoyed a season of watching the game more than this one.
So much young talent. I've enjoyed my Packers of course, but also loved watching, Minnesota, Detroit, Denver and New Orleans.
What am I going to do until next Fall? I'll have to watch hockey through the Stanley Cup finals, so that will get me into May.
NFL pre-season starts in August right?
Perhaps I'll have to go back and pick up this apron for myself because next year I hope to get our Monday Night Football parties re-instituted.
That will be great!

2 comments:

Reese said...

Wow those roosters and pins are not very attractive.

Henry still comes out of bed several times before actually going to sleep, and he's known the get out trick since Anabelle was born (he moved out of the crib a couple months after that). The only thing that seems to make a difference is when we really wear him out, he runs down the hall and jumps on Kiel for a good 20 mins :)

mommarazzi said...

It may help to get him worn out. He went down for his nap today without any problem. We'll see what tonight brings.