Friday, May 03, 2013

Dental visit and NW 23rd

Work on Wyatt's teeth



Wyatt got to have his first appointment for getting his teeth fixed the day after his initial appointment. We have another scheduled for next week. He doesn't feel bad at all getting more prizes and especially doesn't mind missing school.
Garrett came over
 Joylynn dropped by right after we got home from the dentist. She is watching a little girl a few times a week.  Wyatt played out on the porch with the little kids.
 Doesn't she look like she could be related to Garrett? Cute, cute!

I took a stroll in the "Alphabet District"
Did you know that Portland had alphabetical streets? Can you name them?
Ankeny, Burnside, Couch, Davis, Everett, Flanders, Glisan, Hoyt, Irving, Johnson, Kearney, Lovejoy, Marshall, Northrup, Overton, Pettygrove, Quimby,
 Raleigh, Savier, Thurman, Upshur, Vaughn, Wilson, There is no X, but Roosevelt is in its place, York, there is no Z, but Reed is in its place.
They are pretty much only in NW Portland but some of them cross the river and you can find them on the eastbank as well.
It was a lovely day for a walk.







The above horse is outside of Rich's Tobacco store. I saw a few places that I'd love to go back and visit. The Kitchen Kaboodle, Pottery Barn, Sammy's Flowers (which I thought said Tammy's) and the Korean BBQ on the corner of NW 23rd and Flanders.
Beginner begonias
This is my first attempt at growing begonias. I hope they are are hardy and forgiving as the impatiens I normally have on my porch. I put a green plant in with three colorful begonias. 
The look great in my giant tea cup!

No comments: