Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Some thoughts on motherhood

This morning as I was getting ready for church I put on a strand of pearls. I was thinking to myself about how I'm a "pearl kinda girl". I like them better than gold or necklaces of other sorts. But then I started thinking about those things that have value such as my pearls and other precious gems.

Most of them were formed in places hidden from view. Deep in the earth or in the ocean. All of them have gone through extreme circumstances: intense pressure in the case of diamonds and other gemstones, fire in the purification of precious metals and the presence of irritation when it comes to pearls. 

How different are we? We all have trials and pressures and irritants in our lives. But when we endure those hardships we come out on the other side not just as survivors but thrivers! 
And much more beautiful.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the beautiful women in my life.
These are just a few who, I know, have gone through some of those trials and tribulations. 
I was one of those trials and tribulations to one of them!










A gift from the heart
We were at a barbecue last night and Garrett put this chip on my plate and said "For you!" He's always so sweet about sharing and I was especially touched that his offering came in the shape of a heart.
All nine of our grands have come in the shape and size that fit in this Gramma's heart just perfectly.
I'm truly and amazingly blessed and I pray that all of my women friends that are moms or moms at heart have a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments: