Friday, May 31, 2013

Follow up check for Gar-bear

Month end party in G'vieve's class
The kids needed to leave school early so we could make it to Garrett's doctor's appointment on time. I was sad to have to pull Genevieve out of her class party, so we waited a tiny bit for BJ the Clown to finish up with his part.
Harlan and I met BJ close to 16 years ago when we were involved in the Prism ministry at New Song. He and his wife were members of our group. He hasn't changed a bit! He is an excellent clown if you need one for a party or function.

The many faces of Garrett








Garrett is doing well after that one seizure on Sunday. He continues to have some congestion due to allergies but on the whole he's a happy healthy almost 3 year old goof-ball!
Slow drive back into town

The drive back into town along Barnes to Burnside was so slow, many times I was stopped long enough to take pictures. I noticed this quilt made of palettes standing in a field.
We haven't seen the mountain in many many days. It looks like it's not going away anytime soon either.  I think maybe Cherise and Kiel are bringing their San Diego weather with them.
We won't complain if they do.
I've been meaning to get down to the Burnside Bridge to take a picture of the old White Stag sign. Well today I did. Sorta. Somethings wrong with this picture. I took it while I was stopped on the bridge. The only problem was... I was headed east and the sign is on the west end. I could only get a mirror shot.
One of these days I'll get an official Portland Oregon sign photo. Perhaps it will even be lit up!

No comments: