Friday, May 24, 2013

Har's 56th

"She says I don't listen or something like that"
Harlan has a t-shirt that has the above saying on it. I found the perfect card for him...
So typical these days. I think kids and 56 year old husbands have selective hearing.

In spite of every mis-heard word or phrase
Har got birthday flowers
He likes green blooms so we picked some up for him. 
These yellow/green gladiolas are very striking and have bloomed so much more in the past day.

Gramma and Grampa's boy


Jess and Joylynn and the kids were all here for a steak and potatoes dinner. Garrett kept telling that it was Grampa's birthday "but next is my birday". He's finally okay with turning three. 
Rowan, Katie and Evie sent Har the #1 Grandpa button in a card because it was "easier to send than a hug!" Cute hey?
Wy drew a picture and Joylynn framed it.
He got cards from Lyssa, Logan and family, Cherise, Kiel and family,  Joylynn, Jess and theirs too. Wyatt decided to draw a stick figure and date it. 
This is another of Wyatt's works that he just brought home. This one was done in art class at school. I think it should be framed as well.

Garrett helped with the candles


Garrett got in a little practice in blowing out candles. I'd say that all in all it was a good day. Har was tired but that is going to be explained in another post.

He got a few new t-shirts, a GPS for the van, and a lounge chair that matches the one I got for Mother's Day. The kids and I will  have to start brainstorming of what to get him in a few weeks for Father's Day.

He is fifty-six exclamation candle... not 561  =)
and I think he's pretty awesome!
Happy Birthday Har

No comments: