Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More May days

A moment of domesticity
One day a couple of weeks ago, Harlan had to work through lunch and couldn't make it home. Hayden and I ran down and brought  him something.  Blog worthy? maybe not. But I think he appreciated the effort and it felt good to be providing meals on wheels, even if it was only a meatloaf sandwich and an apple.

Finished quilt for Genevieve's teacher
My long weekend was spent at the cutting board and sewing machine. Genevieve was all smiles delivering this to Mrs Mease. 

We've got trouble my friends.
Right here in River City.
For the entire school year while getting the kids ready, I've popped my purse into the crib to keep it safe and to know where it was when we were ready to head out. I forgot that someone knows how to get back into his crib these days! I needed to clean it out anyway  :0)

Oh the hoops to jump through
Hayden has filled out all of the application requirements for his Gateway to College entrance. The mandatory information session was yesterday.  He's got entrance testing today and tomorrow, followed by an interview on Friday. We are hopeful that he will be enrolled and earning college credits in the Fall. 
The morning sessions take place over at the Southeast Center of PCC. Courtney attended her first term down here.  It's right on a couple of bus lines and easy to get to. Looks like this is the campus of choice for Hayden too.

Rose Festival Time
I took pictures of 4 different roses that were growing there on campus. It was so windy they all turned out blurry except this one. It's so wide open.  I really look forward to this season.  Roses are something I think I'm going to learn to grow when things settle down around here. I think it will be good therapy.

Touch of Copper
If you know me, you know that my Copper Country roots are depicted in most of the rooms of our house with a little copper doodad or two. This huge treble cleft wouldn't quite fit on the outside of our house but I like it here. I actually think it's part of the drain pipe!  Isn't that a cool idea?

Friends eating in the van
Garrett is sure enjoying having a buddy now that Danika is finished with school for the year. They are such fun to hang out with.

Hydrangea cart
As much as I love roses I think I like hydrangeas better.  They come in so many colors and varieties! These were all plants that were for sale at our neighborhood Whole Foods market.
Ornamental Oregano? Whatever they are their soft pastel colors are lovely.
The remodel of Whole Foods enabled them to make an open air produce area in nice weather. We must experiment more with our veggie consumption this summer.

Miss Memorial Day 2012
Anabelle knows how to celebrate Memorial Day. What a sweetie! Thanks Reese for sending this pic.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

I wonder if we could catch some rose festival stuff online. Did they already do the parades? Hope not.

meatloaf sandwiches are delicious! Good on ya :) you're a good wife. Definitely blog worthy :)

Reese said...

So much going on! Posting little things too only makes it show more how much is going on :)
Very cute kids.
Very pretty flowers.

We are coming in 6 days!!!
Henry was singing "Grammas housey Grammas housey" this morning.