Wednesday, May 09, 2012

My mostly do nothing day

Sunrise from the room



Day 4 and the only thing on the agenda was going to see the Titanic Exhibit. So all I did, during the day, was hang out at Mandalay Bay with my iPad. I got to get together with Har at lunchtime but that was about it for excitement.
"No cameras! No cell phones!"



We were given our boarding passes as we entered the exhibit.



Each of us was given the identity of one of the actual passengers. Harlan was a 1st class gentleman.



I rode in steerage as a mother of five traveling with my four youngest children.
I should have checked to see if I was one of the survivors. They are all listed by class, name and whether they survived or not.

It was a very sobering journey going through and reading about so many life stories.
Wish I'd seen this earlier



I think it would have been fun.

I will have more to blog about tomorrow as I'm already out and about down at the mall posting this from Whole Foods.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Las Vegas

2 comments:

Reese said...

Kiel and I had tickets very much like that last year at the Titanic dinner we attended. He was a first or second class single guy and I ended up being a 10-yr old 3rd class girl. He made it, I did not.

Lyssa said...

What?! How could Kiel make it? Women and children first! Sheesh... Some first or second class single guys.... ;)

I think you would not have had it too bad in steerage. I heard that for a lot of the lower class passengers it was the first time they'd had all the food the could eat (included in their ticket price). I wish they let cameras in I'd like to see some of the stuff they have.

Ah well, I'm glad you had a day of nothing. Those are good sometimes :)