Thursday, May 10, 2012

Water and Wonders


Interop Mecca


I'm surprised they didn't have shuttles running from the conference to this place. It is sort of like a pilgrimage to travel there. This Fry's is located at Town Center.


I took the bus down from the hotels and back to the shopping center we went to the other night. I needed camera batteries and some moisturizer. Hurray for Whole Foods and their great body care section! But boo to Staples for only carrying Duracell batteries. What is it about this city and its one brand band wagon? I need Energizer lithium please.


It is a very pleasant shopping center in spite of the shortcomings. The 80+ degree temps weren't horrible either.


It made for a great time in the play park area. This was one time I really wished the kiddos were with me.


This fountain just across from the park is more to my liking.

Regal entrance to Mandalay Bay


There is one of these mythical creatures on each side of the main entrance to this beautiful resort.


Grand archway


Temple high on the top of the waterfall


Waterfall and fountains.



Gigantic palm tree.


I usually don't like fountains where any living creature is depicted spewing or peeing. I'm making an exception with these elephants, as I look at their trunks more as hoses than noses :0)

Unexpected beauty


I walked to the convention center past the outdoor pools, resort only restaurants and lush landscaping. I could hear a fountain but couldn't see it. A bird call had me turn and I saw another pond, this one with two swans in it.


Just around the corner, I looked back and saw this fountain. No wonder the swans are hanging out there. It's wonderful.

Another look at the fountains at Bellagio


Both of the other pictures I posted had the water shooting straight up. These ones show more movement.


I would love to visit there once more before we leave. That leaves this afternoon and this evening. Tomorrow morning is going to be taken up with check out and getting to the airport. I think I'm almost ready to head home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Las Vegas

1 comment:

Reese said...

Wow, all that sunshine and water really made me want to go swimming! I'm not a huge fan of hot summers but warm days and sunshine definitely have their place!