Monday, May 07, 2012

Vacation- day two

Interop



Harlan has attended this conference several times in the past, but all of those times he was working for Intel.  This is the first time for BPA, so it's been over 16 years since he's gone on a business trip. Both he and his co-worker say that the Interop Convention of today isn't as leading edge technical as the conventions from back-in-the-day.  We'll see what the trade show part is like later this week.











They sure want you to know that they are here though.  These signs were in three different buildings.

Bear with me
A lot of FB and blog posts of Vegas vacations would possibly read "bare with me".  But not mine.  I will be using this as a photo travel journal of sorts. Mostly sites...not too many people. You don't have to see a picture of me to know that I am here :0)

I love the Architecture







The columns and open lattice of the courtyard outside our room and almost identical columns and lattice ceiling in Mandalay Bay outside of the convention center.



Exterior of Mandalay Bay near aquarium entrance.

Paris, New York and Camelot!










Paris looked beautiful as we looked across to the Eiffel Tower restaurant.

I think there was a picture of one of the Iron Chefs on the Arc de Triomphe though.









 
I've taken numerous shots of New York, New York. It is pretty phenomenal. I am not going to go on the roller coaster. It is fun to watch.

























I love fountains. When I was wandering around after breakfast yesterday I saw these ones on the way to the tram station. So peaceful. It was also very peaceful inside Canterbury Wedding Chapel. It seats 240 and was gorgeous! Our friend Nicole should get married there.

I LOVE fountains!



The Bellagio fountain show.  There is a water show every half hour.  It is so pretty!
 We stayed and watched it for two different songs. The above photo was during "Luck be a Lady" and the one below was to a song in Italian.




Calm waters



The shops and restaurants across the water are picturesque but that multi-story billboard of Donny and Marie is fabulous!



If we were going to go to a Vegas show this would be my choice.  I think Harlan would prefer Brad Garrett's Comedy Club.

Back at the room

























Palm trees have never been my thing. But I'm coming around to appreciate their loveliness. They have to endure in conditions where most plants can't survive. I enjoy my view of the palms through the archway. And I think our room decor is elegant but could not imagine having a white bedspread at home!





-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Las Vegas, NV

2 comments:

Reese said...

Oooh... Aaah...

You know, I don't really know anything about Las Vegas. Seeing your pictures is like a little tour :)

Lyssa said...

I like the mom tour of Vegas also. The only part so far that I wouldn't want to join in on was the jaunt up to the 14th floor ;) tubs are much more awesome than a crazy view (at least to us acrophobs ;))

Don't spend too much time at the pool without sun screen on... you probably shouldn't go anywhere without any on for that matter ;) you're probably already gonna come back all tan and stuff, ya crazy 30 minute-er!