Friday, September 07, 2012

And now there are three

Danika's first day of Kindergarten







Danika was up early and ready to get to school.  Fridays are Har's late days so he was still here to wish her a good day. She saw him off and waited for her mom and dad to come.
Meanwhile I was trying to put together lunches for each of them. Apples for Wyatt & Danika a plum for Genevieve.  Wyatt doesn't like cauliflower so his bag of veggies was just broccoli, carrots and cucumber.  No peanuts in Danika's class so we had two peanut butter sandwiches and one coconut spread with jelly. Milk and granola bars and string cheese for all three.

The whole family!
 I took a quick family picture before the big kids ran off to join friends in line to go to their classes. Jess, Joylynn, Courtney, Garrett and I got to walk Danika to her class.



The cobblestone courtyard looked so cool in the early morning sunshine, I asked her to spin around. She spun and I snapped. She also stopped to posed for a picture at the door too. She's this mommarazzi's dream child!



We ended up waiting a few minutes for her teacher to open the classroom and then all her little classmates came in with their parents and other support people.  I think there are 29 kids in her class. 
She's got the same teacher that Genevieve had last year and is in the same room that her mother was in for 1st grade. I can't remember which of our other kids had Mrs Barnett for 1st grade in this room.


She looks like she's pretty comfortable here.
Time for goodbyes



She got hugs from her dad and mom but was just fine. Thanks to Headstart last year, she was more than ready for all of us to leave and get started with her day. It was not the case for many of her new friends and their parents :_(
 There was a reception of some sort hosted by the PTA after school today but we didn't stay for it.  We hope to be at the Back to School Night and perhaps catch a few of the PTA meetings. 
 It really is great to see the changes in parental involvement at Sabin since our kids were students there.
Home for the weekend
Garrett left with Jess and Joylynn this morning but we brought the kids home after school. They've enjoyed having 3 1/2 days at home each week all summer.  I'm sure they're going to have a fun weekend after spending the school week here with us. 
I'm going to use my time to get some planning done for lunches, homework schedules and to catch up on laundry. I've got more than enough to keep me busy.

I even have some new fabric that is calling to me... 
after all it is National Sewing Month!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Very nice! I bet the kids who have already gone to preschool or headstart wonder what the big deal is with parents on the first day of kindergarten ;)