Monday, September 24, 2012

Kicked back weekend




Har, the guys and I had a stay in town, kick back and don't do much kinda weekend. Harlan did fix our washing machine for which I'm very thankful! But other than that we ran around with the boys and did a bit of shopping.  We introduced them to the new seating area in Fred Meyer and subjected them to the "joys" of renovation there too.
Charlie has a new "baby"


Here is Charlie posing with his new Fender guitar. He's dreamed of having one of these for years.

You can really hear the quality of the instrument as soon as he starts playing.

We're super happy for him and look forward to concerts every weekend that he's home!


Door's open to high school
 I made Cam stop while he was helping clear the stage at church to pose in the doorway prop that Pastor David used. It is a big thing to start high school, though when all of your educational experience has been at home it doesn't feel so big. I think Krystle may have him talked into attending the youth group on Friday nights.  They're going to be doing some fun stuff.
Stepping into college

















Hayden is the 7th of our kids to start out their college days at Portland Community College. I'm sure he would do fine at a 4 year university as a freshman but his (or our) pocketbook wouldn't fare so well. I've found that the faculty at the community colleges are so supportive and it gives the students a great start.  When they get that bachelor's degree, the school name on the diploma will be OSU, MSU, SOU, EOU, WSU, MSU, or whatever school they choose after their PCC days.

I love campus on the first day of school. So much excitement and the feel of fall in the air. 
 More mask fun

Today it was Batman, Spiderman and Thor!
 Isn't he a goofy guy?

A stop at my favorite resale shop


Garrett and I ran to Just "4" Kids in the Hollywood District to try to find shoes for Wyatt.  He left his at home this past weekend. Today he is wearing socks with sandals.  I found a couple of peg puzzles for Garrett. He's learning all kinds of words these days so the names of household objects on the puzzle board is just perfect for this stage in his development.
And even though he's wearing red and black today the shirt says "TOUCH DOWN" and I say...
GO PACK!!!

The beauty of Fall
Various shades on the maple.



















 Hydrangea in burgundy. So pretty!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Oh man, I looooove those burgundy hydrangeas! I don't think I've ever seen them that color. So pretty!! Good times in Portland. I can't wrap my head around where in Fred Meyer that new area is... I guess we'll just have to see for ourselves in a week and one day!!! :D