Sunday, September 23, 2012

More park pictures

I love this park!




Anyplace by water is beautiful to me. This is right on the Columbia River in St Helens. 


Courtney has a friend from her work that lives in St Helens so when Courts saw the photos from the wedding she said, "I've been to that park many times."  It's such a picture perfect park! The kids would love jumping from tier to tier on this hillside. There is a pretty neat playground on the south end too.
Hometown Americana
This was just down the hill from the park. I didn't get to visit there this time but I thought it was so picturesque. I would love to sit with a cup of coffee on one of those benches and enjoy the flowers blooming around me.
The gazebo had gorgeous hanging baskets on each corner.




The use of rock and stone in the landscaping was impressive, as was the big tree on the hill.  I wish the photographer would have gotten a picture of Amanda and Chris under the shelter of that tree.  I wonder what color the leaves are in the fall. It would make an awesome place for a family photo. 
I snapped a wide shot of the official photographer and one of the guests taking pictures of both sets of parents with the couple. The only thing that would have made the day perfect would have been just a little bit of sunshine peeking out. 
Enamored with the river traffic

I grew up seeing ore boats on Lake Superior, and it was always a thrill to count how many we could spy out along the horizon. The Columbia River is a busy waterway. I was fascinated by the variety of ships that were traveling along. I like to wonder where they are going and where they've been. Maybe one of these days Har and I will get to ride one of the Navy ships as they come into port for the Rose Festival.
Waves of grass and waves on water.

Grampa's little man
Garrett is Grampa's official greeter when he comes home from work. On this day, he got to ride on Grampa's bike into the dining room.  Pretty cool!


Look at that cheesy smile :D

Aunty Coco gave him a clipboard, paper and a crayon for him to color with.  He really enjoys drawing (scribbling) but he pretty much sticks to appropriate places to do so. There are probably lots of crafty things that he's old enough to do. I'm sure he would love working with Playdough but I'm still not fond of the stuff. Cherise needs to come back to let him play with Henry's playdough. Maybe Alyssa will have Rowan and Katie and Garrett have a play time with it. We have to plan lots of fun stuff to do when they are here.
Don't you love his new "Monster Truck" shirt? The color is great and the "monsters" in the truck are very Sesame Street-esque.

He's getting to be such a big boy!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

That is a lovely park! St Helens seems like a pretty cool spot. I saw some overalls at Cracker Barrel that I SO would have gotten for Garrett if they had sizes bigger than 18 months. They were denim with colorful applique tool poking out of many of the pockets. The front said, "Grandpa's little helper". They made me think of GarBear right away :)

Lyssa said...

*tools (not just one tool poking out of the pockets ;) my keyboard batteries are getting low)