Thursday, September 13, 2012

I love having helpers!

Off to school
 I had to head off to an appointment at the same time that the kids needed to be heading to school. Krystle stepped up and volunteered to take the kids to school for me. What a blessing it was for me to not worry about how I was going to be in two places at once. 
Helping with a haircut





 Krystle came to the rescue once again in the afternoon when I was trying to cut Garrett's hair.  He wasn't too pleased with the vibration of the clippers.

Krystle talked to him about all kinds of things and asked questions.  He really did well during the rest of the cut while she distracted him.
Shopping helper
This was the first time that I allowed Garrett to walk while we shopped. 
He loved being a big helper. 



It's amazing how much this guy accomplished.  I had to persuade him to leave some things on the shelf and steered him toward others but all in all he did pretty well.




He picked the right flavor of yogurt and tippy-toed to fling it in the cart.



I handed him a bag to put the meat in and he opened it like a pro. He got to be on his own  until we got into the produce section and there were too many employees, construction workers and customers to have him wander very far. He didn't fuss though so I think he had just enough freedom for today.
Back at the homestead
He worked up an appetite so an early lunch on the porch was in order.
It's great fun to observe him observe things. He was fascinated by the garbage truck and clapped for the garbage man. He earn himself a couple of toots on the horn as the truck pulled away.
I love the zoom on my camera
I was on the other end of the porch, probably 25 ft away from Gar on the swing and I caught this picture. The only trouble with zooming in on kids while they're playing? They move out of the shot quite quickly... often before the camera can focus :P


He found an old broken hose sprayer and was pretending to shoot things. He was up and down and in and out of the play structure. He stopped for a juice break every now and then.
One on one time with Garrett is so great!
Another zoom photo
New buds on my impatiens taken from about 6ft away.

2 comments:

Reese said...

Aw, cute. Garret pulls off the 2 thing so perfectly, what a big boy.

Henry got a haircut too, it's really short this time! Someone thought he was 4 today because of how much/well he talked :)

Lyssa said...

What a fun time for Garbear to have all the big siblings in school all day! :) lucky kid