Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hodge podge post


Overflowing baskets














My September calendar page pictures baskets of apples. We were blessed with a large basket of apples that we've been enjoying this week. I appreciate being able to put a whole sliced apple into each of the kids lunches.  They love them for after school snacks with peanut butter too.
I found that Garrett had emptied the shoe basket and climbed into it. I think he's starting to take after his sister a bit in the posing department.

Fall colors
 I had a purple purple color on my nails for the past 6 weeks or so but I wanted to change for fall. This new color is called "Pepe's Purple Passion" It's more of a burgundy than a purple but I like it.  I can't really wear oranges or golds very well.  But if I find a nail polish that is the color of my eyes I think I might try it because I trust that my eye color goes with my skin tone and hair color. Right?

Not the best color pink for me








I got to experience an echocardiogram today. I'm looking to get a green light to be able to start exercising. You know they always say to consult your physician before starting an exercise program.

I have some genetics that could be working against me so we're trying to be better safe than sorry. The crop length top that they gave me to wear was really comfortable and would have made an excellent pajama top, but it really wasn't my color pink. A tad too orange.

Night view of our aquarium
I'd neglected our poor aquarium for way too long. We had both of our silver dollar fish come down with swim bladder disease on the same day! Harlan and Hayden had pity on our poor fish and practically emptied the aquarium and de-algaed the glass. We picked up new air tubes and got a couple of bubbler things and the Sponge Bob house. With a little encouragement to "keep swimming" one of our silver dollars rallied and seems fine the other one was perking up but the danios started picking on him. Poor guy didn't make it. We did get a new plecostomus which we named "Sam" so we are back to a four fish tank.
I think a trip to a fish store might be in order for some barbs and a few more danios this weekend.
It's therapeutic to sit and watch the bubbles and listen to the waterfall from the filter.
"Fish are friends not food." Bruce (Finding Nemo)

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I am lovin your 'do these days! You look simply lovely! I can't wait to get back home :) maybe my kids and I can elp you get started on your new exercise routine! :)