Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Beginnings are the best ~ 1st and 3rd grades

The full day kids
 Genevieve was so excited to see her friend Sara that I barely got her to pose for this picture. First day is always so busy with all of the parents taking the kids right to the classroom. I was planning on walking up there this morning but with the amount of school supplies that were being delivered to their classrooms I don't think they would have made it.
 They got new backpacks with matching lunch boxes that clip.  It makes for a very long load.  Wyatt had everything on his class list except for Lysol disinfecting wipes. His backpack and lunch weighed a ton! 
 Welcome to 3rd grade
 He had a name card ready for him when he got there.  He recognized a bunch of kids from last year.  I'm anxious to hear who all is in his class this year.

I don't know if he was waving or raising his hand but he's one of the big kids now up on the top floor of the school.  I noticed this letter on Genevieve's teacher's bulletin board that  he wrote to one of the incoming 1st graders. 
 Ready for 1st grade

Genevieve gets to start 1st grade in Wyatt's old classroom. His teacher had a 1st/2nd grade split last year. I'm pretty sure she is teaching just first this year. 



Genevieve joined a table where one girl she knew was sitting.  It turns out that I know the mom of one of the little girls at her table. Although there was no assigned seating in G'vieve's room, there was a welcome letter to her out on the bulletin board as well. I hope she's "ready for math"!
 Wyatt is up on the 3rd floor, Genevieve on the 2nd and Danika will be on the first.  I hope they get the routine down and have a good first day!
Taxiing Krystle to Beaverton
 Krystle is going to be a bridesmaid for a friend of hers and needed to get out to Beaverton to try on dresses. I ran into Albertsons out there to pick up a few things. I love the reusable bags they had. 
Waiting for Amanda


Krystle entertained Garrett while Danika entertained everyone while we waited outside of David's Bridal.
 Only 3 weeks away!
I'm happy for Amanda and glad that Krystle is going to be a part of her big day. They've been good buddies for a long time.
Congratulations Amanda and Christopher!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Hooray school! :) good times, and congrats to Amanda also! Again, good times :)

I like your bag :) it's fun