Sunday, September 02, 2012

Saturday walk week 5

Our week 4 walk ended up being on the beach which was wonderful. I took my Berks off and was barefoot the whole time I was there. Very therapeutic.  Now if we only had a sauna here at home!!!

Tri-met changes
The public transit system here in P-town has made some big changes.  We used to have a 3 zone system and a fare-less square. All of that has been eliminated and all rides are $2.50 each and you can buy an all day ticket for $5.00 which is actually pretty cheap for tourists that are traveling around the city but pretty sucky for those residents that have been used to traveling around the fare-less portion and now have to fork out five bucks a day.
Some routes have changed like our #8.
They supposedly added two new routes as well. 
Garden envy
This would be my ideal garden if I could renovate my back yard. But if this was my yard the brick and iron gate would be the neighbors wooden one and I would be standing on the very edge of my deck with the neighbors laurel hedge brushing my right shoulder to take this picture.
Historical home

This house sold not that long ago. I don't know when it was registered with the National Register. It's a nice looking place. We have seen several of these million dollar mansions sell this spring and summer. If I could afford a million dollar house I wouldn't buy one in the city.
One of the houses on our walk that Harlan really likes. I love the river rock pillars. The chimney is river rock very much like ours too.
Friendly feline
We have dogs bark at us from yards and porches as we walk along but most cats aren't concerned with us at all.  This one actually came down the sidewalk to say hello.
Pretty kitty.
Waves of grass




I was intrigued with this decorative grass.  It looks like it is waving in the wind and reminds me of beach grasses.  As we walked by it I saw a single tomato plant under some of the fronds with a solitary pear shaped tomato growing. There were no other garden vegetables anywhere around the yard. Could it be from a dropped seed?
Pictures and seasons

This entire bed of Chinese lantern flowers made me think of Halloween.


This lace cap hydrangea made me think of those 4th of July fireworks that explode and then a second explosion sends stars of color further out from the main thing.
Thinking of Logan

We saw this bumper sticker (L) outside of this business (R). I don't know if the owner was inside working out, but they definitely could have been.
I think I'd like a Ranger as a personal trainer. Only if they didn't make me cry.

Apple spire
Though loaded with fruit, this tree has no branches apart from it's main trunk. I've never seen anything like it. The apples look might healthy though.
Camouflage vehicle


There is a truck parked in this jungle. It has been there for about 15 years as the license plate expired in 1997. There used to be an even older truck parked in this exact place in the late eighties. The entire house is overgrown and privacy fenced so I don't think we are going to be able to find out the whys of this vehicle's predicament.
Personal bike rack
I've never seen a bike attached to this so perhaps it's simply a sculpture at the back of the driveway. I thought it looked kind of cool with the conical looking flowers behind it.
Our poor tree
Our dying maple tree has one branch of red leaves already. These trees are usually the last to change color in the fall and one of the last to drop its leaves. With several leafless branches because of disease I think the poor thing is confused.
They are my favorite color of fall leaf though. And I'm thankful that the other tree is healthy and not changing color yet.

No comments: