Saturday, September 08, 2012

Birthday Greetings and fall decor

Happy 60th Birthday MICHAEL!
 I didn't want the day to go by without wishing my brother-in-law, Michael Mata a wonderful birthday. I know he faithfully reads my blog. He and Naomi pray for us and so many of the other family members scattered around the world.
We are a blessed family having you as a part of it, Michael! We thank God for you and pray for a happy birthday and good health and God's blessings in the year to come.
Go Blazers! ;0)
 The making of a new tradition?
 Krystle has wanted to start serving in the jr high and high school ministry at CBC. It meets on Friday evenings this fall and they had their kick off last night.  Har, the boys and I went over there to pick her up and while I was trying to think of somewhere to go through a drive through for a late night dessert for them we came across a 24 hour doughnut shop.
Heavenly Donuts.  Not quiet Crispy Creme but they weren't bad. At least I didn't get any complaints.
New decorations for the dining room


Freddies had a clearance sale on some of their tableware. I bought a large bowl for fruit for the dining room table. I also found these side dishes that I put up on the window sill.
Needing some leaves
Our mantle has only wedding pictures on it now for this season.  I'll mix it up again after Christmas and perhaps will put grandkids pictures up there again. I'm needing to get a photo of Hayden printed to hang up on our graduation wall in the dining room. Courtney and I oooohhhed and aaahhhed over the fall decor at Joann Fabrics. I picked up these F-A-L-L candle holders. I need to get my bin of fall leaf garlands out to start making it look festive around here.
By the time Thanksgiving rolls around I'll be tired of the golds, browns and oranges and be ready for red, green, and white decorations.
Fall is a lovely season.  We saw this sentiment on the lid of a basket while we were shopping.
I hope autumn smiles for many weeks to come.

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

Happy birthday uncle Mike! :) well wishes and love from the east coast!

Nice fall decor mom :) I like the autumn sentiment on that lid. We just got a few new fall decorations but I don't have enough push pins and tape doesn't hold up leaf garlands very well so I have to go to the store again before I can get any pictures ;)

Reese said...

Happy birthday Uncle Mike! Wish we could've stopped by to celebrate with you, Love from us in San Diego!!

And Mom, I am in the market for a new fruit bowl as mine broke just prior to moving :( I like yours and the other little dishes. Cute.

Unknown said...

Happy Happy birthday Uncle Mike!!! Hope you had a wonderful day filled with shenanigans and merriment. Love with hugs from another September baby!!