Friday, June 21, 2013

A couple of projects = done

This "baby" is headed for a check up
My sewing machine needs to go in for a minor repair. One of the pins that goes into the power cord is loose. It can be pulled out so it makes contact but it's not a great solution. So I had to hurry up and finish the two quilts I had in the works.


They are both queen size summer weights for our bed. Har's favorite is the one with the navy and turquoise. I like them both! 
Sunset on the way home
Har and I attended a Healthy Habits class out in Happy Valley on Wednesday night. The color of the sunset on the way home was pretty spectacular.  I wished we'd had someplace to stop to get a better picture of it.
This picture is a frameless print on the wall at Elmer's. I took a picture of that picture because it looked so cool. I'm sure the photographer of that photo didn't take it from a moving vehicle :) This is the channel between the mainland and Hayden Island on I-5.
Lloyd Center roses




The rose that is named after Lloyd Center is so pretty. They are planted in various places around the mall. I happened to be on the north side the other day and got to take a picture of the tree people and their milk carton shaped child... or whatever it is. I should do a post of some of the art and sculptures around town that make you wonder "What were they thinking?"
I think I need to work on the dance thing
I do sing like no one can hear me a lot. And they can't as I'm usually doing it while I'm driving down the freeway by myself. But that dancing thing is another story. I've never been known for my gracefulness. It's usually just the opposite. However I feel ever so graceful in the deep end of the pool during water aerobics. One of these days I'll be dropping into a Zumba class and then I'll try to pretend that no one is watching :p



1 comment:

Lola Bacon said...

Those quilts are so lovely! That cool blue seems so relaxing. Simon still uses both the quilts you made him, one on the top bunk and one on the bottom. :)