Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Last day of school 2012/13

Flag day/ Garrett's B'day/ Final school day











A couple of the teachers
Wyatt and his 3rd grade teacher, Mrs Hunt. She has been teaching for many many years and is most excellent! The class had the pleasure of a student teacher as well for the entire year. Ms Modjeski is moving to Arizona to start her teaching career there. What an adventure!
Genevieve and Danika with their beloved Kindergarten teacher, Mrs Mease. Sara Mease is one of the most gentle and patient teachers I've ever met. I wish I had worked in her class much more than I did. I'm sure she wouldn't mind me volunteering some next year. The girls really enjoyed being in her class.
Here is the gang heading for the van one last time.
It's O-Fish-Al!
Wyatt came home with a bag full of goldfish crackers with this note on them.
Cute hey? They are officially 4th, 2nd and 1st graders.
And we also have a Sophomore in the house
I snapped this picture of Cam after he handed in all of his textbooks for the year.
He's now in 10th grade!
End of the year surprise



These three little book worms got started on their summer reading thanks to the books we bought for them as a treat for their last day of school.
I expect that Wyatt and Genevieve will be working on the series of books for most of the summer.
Wyatt is reading Harry Potter and Genevieve is reading the Little House books.
Danika loves her new Fancy Nancy treasury and is already asked for more in the series.
Summer and sunflowers just seem to go together
I hope that the kids all have a terrific time getting settled back into their home. They'll be doing chores and earning privileges and I hope that we get to have some sleepovers here at our place from time to time.
In the meantime, I'll be taking walks and snapping pictures of flowers as often as I can.. oh and going to see those Virginia kids and grandkids!!!
It's going to be a good summer!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Ah! Big kids!!! Wow. It will be a strange and fun thing when Rowan gets to have his first real "summer vacation" next year. I think in the meantime I'm going to enjoy my last preschool summer and having little ones (even though my "little" guy is 52lbs and pushing four feet!) even if it's only for another few months ;)

Lyssa said...

P.S. that fish idea is super cute :) also, love the sunflowers!