Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Aunt times for Coco and grand ones for me

Enjoying these updates


Courtney had a willing helper in making dessert the other night. She's been spending a bit more time with the girls as Rowan is attending a special Science Camp for a few weeks. Looks like Evie and Kate got to enjoy a couple of cake pops at Starbucks.
Courtney has been instructed to bring me a "you are here" mug from the cities she visits. Not all cities have their own mugs but she found one at the airport in Chicago and one in D.C. I'm hoping she'll pick one up on her way through San Francisco on the way back here. 
Cherise has a San Diego one for me too! 
They are a great size and stack very nicely. 
Yay Starbucks. Good job on these ones.
Absorbing some history
Alyssa took this picture of Courts walking through the church yard where the Tomb of the Unknown Revolutionary Soldier is located.  Very pretty day in VA.

After school runnin' around
I stood on the playground waiting for the kids to come out of the building and decided to trying taking a couple of cell phone photos.  We've had a few days of lovely weather here too.




I took the kids to get an after school snack. The girls wanted their pictures taken with the petunias.
Waiting in the van while Hayden was in the dentist's chair. We had more fun with my cell phone. Wyatt was trying to get into the picture as well.

A rare daytime Chloe sighting
This is our elusive outdoor/indoor cat. She usually comes in when Rylan gets home from work around midnight or later then "asks" to go back out when Harlan gets ready for work around 5 a.m.  She's getting up there in age and even though she probably would live longer if we kept her in exclusively, I don't want to deny her the quality of life that she seems to enjoy so much.

Silly GPS
The kids wonder why I even bother to have the GPS working in the van. They told me that I know where I'm going so I don't need it. But I'm trying to get acquainted with its functions and I get a kick out of making it recalculate. Today I confused it into telling me to follow the highlighted route around the block to get to the parking spot two spaces down where I originally programmed it for Hayden's school.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

You and that gps... You crack me up! :)

Great "grand shots" today Mom ;) I love cell phones with good cameras! Sometimes modern technology seems like too much and we may get a bit absorbed by our tiny screens but living these few thousand miles away I am very thankful that we can share smiles, sweet moments, and love in an instant. If only they'd invent a "real" long distance hug. I would use that everyday!