Tuesday, June 25, 2013

True love lasts


Fifty-eight years ago, on June 25th, 1955, my mom and dad got married. They had an outdoor wedding in her grandparents' apple orchard. Mom was seventeen and dad nineteen when they wed. I've only heard bits and pieces of their story. So it's easy to romanticize their young love story.


It has been said that life "began in a garden"


For mom and dad their life together began in that apple orchard. 

As with any journey, you don't know the end from the beginning and their story has many ups and downs and twists and turns. But as a child growing up in their home, I had no doubt that I was loved and even all these years later, I have absolutely no doubt that they loved each other. 

They may not have walked the same path in their later years but their love story was written in pretty indelible ink. I'm grateful for the life lessons they taught us kids. 
Dad was gone from us way too soon but mom is continuing to set an example to her kids and grandkids of someone who is hard working and is always there to lend a helping hand.
Thanks Mom for taking that big step.
I  hope you have sweet memories today.


No comments: