Saturday, June 29, 2013

Breakfast? Yes please

Where has this week gone?
My week has flown by with not a whole lot to show for it. I did get to the pool three times and that is an accomplishment.  I ran a taxi service for Cameron for the last half of the week as he's attending a conference at the Oregon Convention Center and I got to hang out with some of my favorite people.
I guess I did do quite a bit.
Breakfast delivery












It was a  really rainy morning when I was frying up breakfast for my guys. I thought I'd check to see if Har had taken the time to get himself something to eat yet. He hadn't so I hopped in the van and delivered a yummy egg sandwich and a piece of toast with lingonberry jam on it.
You know it is really raining when Harlan comes out of the building wearing the back up jacket and ball cap that he keeps for just such occasions. 
 Skype and FaceTime 
I spent some of my favorite moments  being entertained by the antics of all 9 of our grandchildren. Henry and Anabelle showed off their gymnastics abilities. Rowan, Katie and Evie let me explore their fort made out of couch cushions and bedding. And Garrett kept me busy showing me what everyone in his house was up to. 
In this world of technological everything, I'm very happy to have this capability to connect with the kids. It really is a small world after all.
 Solo sleepover






When you're the youngest of a bunch it's nice to get some one on one time with Grampa and Gramma. Garrett got to experience that for the first time ever. He was here for two nights without his siblings. By the second night he was getting a little homesick but he rather enjoyed the breakfast in bed and the pampering he got. We're looking forward to doing that with each of the other kids in the weeks to come.
Priceless picture
It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. 
This one has a couple of ads and comics thrown in. 
A girl and her dog and the Sunday paper :)

No comments: