Thursday, June 20, 2013

Readjustments and a doctor's visit

I'm getting encouraged in
This is from a book that I'm going through for the program I'm working on. I've always been such a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl, (much to my type A hubby's chagrin) so this lesson is really hard for me. What are my goals? It's going to take work to get to the bottom of this list.

Neighbor's gardens are so serene









On Monday I walked with Harlan on his way back to work after lunch. He's getting used to me strolling briskly and then suddenly stopping to take a picture or two. I've heard that it is actually a technique in walking to get fit ;)  Perhaps not the stopping part, but the varying of the speed you walk.
Another morning another walk


Tuesday morning found me up early and ready to head out to pick up the kids for Garrett's doctor's appointment. But first, I wanted to get in a mini-workout. I made my breakfast and bagged it to go, put Pandora on my phone and stuck my headphones in my ears and took off for a jaunt down to Caffe D'Arte.  It's not quite a mile down there but it was a beautiful day as I walked to the beat of show tunes on the "Good Morning Baltimore" station. I sat in a cozy corner of the patio drinking coffee and eating my apple oat cake. It's still a foreign thing for me to have so much time to myself. Life changes take some time to adjust to.

Three year check-up


Courtney and I drove to get the gang and went to the pediatrician's office for a 9:30 appointment. That is an early time to get all of these guys out the door on their summer schedule.

We made it. While Courtney sat with the three big kids I got to go in with Joylynn and document the visit. Garrett is very physician-phobic since his ER visit a few weeks ago. Dr Bledsoe is such a great and encouraging doctor though. She's been a wonderful partner in the health and wellness of all of the kids.



Garrett took this picture of Dr Bledsoe himself.
Genevieve, aka Joylynn's mini-me. is soaking in every moment of mom time that she can get.

K-mart stop



I've made it a point of getting the kid who has undergone the trauma of a doctor's appointment a treat of some kind.  The Beaverton K-mart is very close to the clinic so that's where we ended up going. Garrett got a tiger flash light that makes a growling noise when you push the button. I think his mom and dad are going to really like it!
I'll have to remind him to take it with him when he comes over to spend the night. I'm wondering if I should have a boys' sleep-over or a girls' one first. 





Girls or Boys?

We will get both occasions on the calendar before we go on vacation in July.

First on my agenda though is to get a few projects done and a bit of de-junking accomplished.
It's shaping up to be a good summer.

No comments: