Tuesday, June 11, 2013

We had a GRAND time

My farmer's market flowers
Aren't they pretty? It's a huge bouquet for way less money than buying them even at Costco. I think one every other week should keep me happy ;)
Epic Battle aka Game Night






Henry is a good game player. He's pretty much an expert at Candy Land. Hayden, Cherise, Henry and I played a round of it the other night. There were plenty of high fives and low fives amongst the players.

It has been years since I played that game. Very fun. Especially when the kid playing is such a good sport about someone other than him winning. Way to go Hens and high five Uncle Hayden!
Picking up the school grandkids

This is the final week of school for the 2012/13 school year here in the Portland Public Schools. So one last time I went to pick them  up to come to our place for the week. Cherise and the kids went out to Jess and Joylynn's  house with me.  Anabelle was wanting to pet their cat, Gunny. We didn't want her getting scratched or anything so she was discouraged from touching him. But she sneaked over to give him a final pat before we left. He didn't even wake up. Good cat!
Genevieve and Danika were wearing matching sun dresses when they got here. So Anabelle changed into her sun dress too and it gave me the opportunity to get this super sweet girl cousin picture.

Eating the ant cake

Everybody loved the chocolate cake that looked like a watermelon slice with ants crawling on it.

We sang the "Ants go marching" song and each of the kids got to keep their own ant. The girls played with their ants in their ice cream.
Early early departure time
A sleepy Anabelle and a sleepy Gramma at 4 something this morning.


Harlan stayed with the kids and helped carry the car seats into the airport while I drove around and parked. I joined them and was able to get a few pictures as they walked toward security.





There were no good clear pictures of them as they went through security but I like that Cherise has her boarding pass in her mouth as she gets everything else organized to run through the X-ray.
We saw them coming through the tunnel from one side of the airport to the other. Henry was very excited about going on the "big airplane".

Just Har and me
It was early and we really didn't have any responsibilities at the house yet.  Harlan was okay with going in to work a little bit later than normal so we sat at the airport for a little while, him having a breakfast and me sipping coffee. We attempt to eek out little moments like this where we can connect and doing so over Coffee People coffee is a favorite of ours.
Now that responsibilities are changing for us
I don't know what our life is going to look like
Could this be Harlan? Sitting out in the dry eastern Washington sunshine.
Is this me dithering & clucking over the final two chicks of our brood still in the nest?

I think this is what our future should look like!
As the young people say these days YOLO!
*you only live once
Waahoooooo

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Whew! That was a fun filled, cuteness packed post! Love the representations at the end ;)