Saturday, January 19, 2013

Enjoying our air inversion

Freezing fog in the 'hood

 Har and I got out of the house early this morning to run a couple of errands. As we headed west toward MLK we found ourselves in a whiteout of freezing fog. Visibility wasn't a problem but it was a wee bit slick in spots.





The new sculptures and plantings at the gateway to the MLK corridor were covered in white. It was so pretty that I parked and got out to take some close ups. I made my own tracks along the sidewalk, picking up snow in the treads of my tennis shoes making it slow going. 


The ornamental grasses were so graceful looking and even the debris in the gutter was transformed into a frosted masterpiece. 
We may have an air inversion and they say that the air quality isn't that great but it sure seemed refreshing to be out in that brisk moist air.

Chilly outside ~ Warm and cozy inside


One of our stops was Fred Meyer. We sat by the fireplace and enjoyed some Peet's coffee. Harlan enjoyed coffee, I had a green tea latte. It was pretty yummy. It warmed us up and allowed us a few minutes to visit with each other. I kinda like hanging out with Har.

Mr Riley's house
 This picture is mostly to show our far away kids a couple of the new changes at the neighbor's, that we still call Mr Riley's, house. There is a real garage door instead of the double carriage doors that were there. I especially like the new porch railing. It was custom designed and welded on site and then taken away for powder coating and painting. They just had it installed yesterday. It really spiffs the place up! 
Oh and the new neighbors are very nice. And they have a little girl, who is adorable, named Stella.

2 comments:

Reese said...

I commented on this yesterday, but it was from my phone, and sometimes it doesn't work :P

Anyway, lovely freezing fog :) Wish we could run errands with you guys.

Lyssa said...

Beautiful pictures mom! My first comment I tried to make on here was a good one but I can't remember it now... Freddy's is the best store on the planet, and your Hollywood Freddy's is even better since the remodel... except the kid's section is still kinda cramped. Oh well, I'd take a cramped kids section any day if I could just have one near us! *sigh* ah well, January is full of homesick days... Aaaanyway, nice post :) cool railing, thanks for keeping us in the loop! love you!