Friday, January 25, 2013

Just a project or two

Cooking is always a project
 I have been experimenting with various kinds of curry dishes. Genevieve and Danika love these little sweet peppers. I can't seem to keep them around for very long. They do prefer to eat them raw instead of cooked. One thing I appreciate is that the grandkids are veggie eaters. Even if one likes cooked carrots while another likes them raw with ranch dip and a third likes them raw with no ranch. Since I'm not a short order cook; they get what they get.
Cookie baking daughters
Krystle enlisted Courtney's help in making cookies for her writing club. It's a fan fiction group and on Wednesday they were watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so the girls got creative and made ninja turtle sugar cookies. They turned out pretty cute and everyone deemed them very tasty too.
My recent sewing projects


I needed a few gifts and decided to make quilts. Today I've been working on the blue and white one (above). Earlier this week I finished these other two. I delivered the one with the orangey binding to Harlan's sister, Anita. It was a belated birthday gift. She is planning on taking it to her beach house. I hope we get to visit it there someday.



Grandkiddos this week





Henry and Anabelle and Rapunzel were sitting very nicely and watching "Tangled". Notice Anabelle has her Rapunzel dress on? She's got big eyes just like her doll!




Alyssa's kids got a bit of snow yesterday. Evie was happy to be out in it. Look at that little red nose! 




I love getting pictures like this!!!

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

My kids love those peppers too! I wish we were closer so we could sample some of those curry creations. We are big fans of curry.

Rowan told me Anabelle doesn't look like herself in that picture. After staring for a bit he said it's because she looks a little... bigger :) Haha, way to grow miss Bellie!!

Reese said...

Same here about the peppers, but we haven't tried those little ones though, sounds yummy.

Yeah, Anabelle is getting bigger, mostly longer :)