Saturday, January 05, 2013

Keeping toasty warm

My cozy kitchen calendar
For 2013 I got another Lang calendar featuring art by Susan Winget. 
Lang calendars are getting to be a tradition. Is it kinda hoarder-ish that I have my calendars for the past 6 years saved? I do have some record keeping things written on them so they could serve a purpose, but I haven't saved calendars from the 27 previous years of our marriage. I think I just love the artwork so much I treat them like coffee table books. Perhaps some frames are in order or a binder. 

Quilts for a couple of my guys
I finally made an all flannel quilt for Rylan. If you know him, you'll know that this totally plaid front with a solid color back and black binding is very him. It's nice and heavy too, which is great since we only have one heater vent in the upstairs and it can get pretty nippy in the bedrooms.
 This one is Harlan's! I thought it looked like him too. When I told him that he chuckled and said, "Old and grey?" It does have more mature looking fabrics on the front. A bicycle print with bikes made for one and up to 4 people. There is an alphabet print too that reminds me of an old manual typewriter with those round keys.



The back is the fun and funky side. It has a strip of green on the top and bottom with the balance being an "I heart my bike" print. Very Harlan!



He does love his bike!
I caught him as he had just gotten home yesterday before he got all of his gear off. That blue fanny pack holds his bike tools and everything necessary for his commute no matter the weather including glasses for day or night riding. Yesterday was a sunny ride.
I think he's one awesome bikin' dude!

"You shall not covet...anything that belongs to your neighbor!"
It's hard not to look longingly at this pile of firewood on the neighbor's front porch during these chilly days. We do have some wood and lots of ends from Har's shop if we want a fire. But I think a nice supply of firewood is a thing of beauty! It's prettier stacked in it's cord form but split is okay too. Next year we should have the chimney swept and get a bit of firewood delivered. We actually may have our own firewood if our driveway side maple gets taken down this summer. 
The joys of homeownership.

No comments: