Friday, January 04, 2013

Sunny start to the new year

Reflections on school resuming
The kids are back with us after being with their mom and dad for their long Christmas vacation. They headed back to school on Wednesday. 


 It was so sunny the other afternoon as I was waiting for the kids it was hard to see the screen on my iPad because all I could see was my own  reflection. Of course I had to take a picture of myself to post as a new profile picture on facebook. 

Chilly air and long shadows
Genevieve got a new winter coat, so Danika inherited a new coat too. It's nice having them so close in size to share. Joylynn has been good about saving some things that were Wyatt's that Garrett is now wearing. Hand-me-downs are awesome!
It was a week for warm jackets and layers of clothing. It's hard to keep hats and gloves collected and ready for use in the a.m. I'm going to have to work on getting things organized so they don't show up to school with freezing ears and fingers.












The sun was shining again today as we picked up the kids to bring them home for the weekend. The school yard looks much warmer than it was.
I'm not tired...
Garrett didn't nap today so he, of course, fell asleep before we crossed the Fremont Bridge on our way to the west side. 
Just as I thought, it was fun to have him around for the school week. 
He did miss his Mommy, Daddy and Gunny a lot though. He talked about them every night while attempting to stay awake longer. 
He really is a sweet boy.

No comments: