Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Party hearty

It turned into a family affair!
It was decided that we would take out the whole Reardon family to celebrate Jess' birthday. He is just like the President. He officially turned 38 on Sunday but we didn't publicly recognize it until Monday. Just like the inauguration! It was determined to go to Shari's due to coupons covering the cost of the 4 kids' meals.
Do ya think they have enough crayons for our gang?
The children's menus have coloring activities for multiple age ranges. That kept the little ones occupied for a couple of minutes. 




Joylynn and Jess had to settle for adult menus. 
Garrett knew exactly what he wanted. He's kind of stuck in a rut where this menu is concerned. He won't try anything else. Jolly Roger Cakes it was.
 Beverages arrive and coloring sheets are abandoned







It's hard to wait for the food to arrive. They didn't get too squirrely.

Impromptu Family Picture
 When dinner was mostly eaten I tried to get the whole family together for a picture. Here they are. The boys and the giggle girls. I'm glad they got to have a party for their dad. No dessert or cake because of colds but it was fun,

...and funny,
 ... and freezing cold as we headed home.



I had one just like this when I was 4!
 I saw this at Goodwill today. My mom has a picture of me with my buggy just like this. Though I think mine was navy blue. It's hard to tell from a black and white photograph. Cameron just rolled his eyes as I took a picture of it. Isn't it nice to visit things at Goodwill. I sometimes even put treasured things in my cart and push them around the store for a while, before I put them back on the shelf. I really need to bring a few van loads of stuff from my house over there. I can visit it anytime I feel like it!

My recent sewing projects
 I realized that I hadn't made Garrett a "Gramma Blankie" yet except for the one I made when he was a month old. This one is his bigger boy quilt. I hope he likes it. The little dino-monsters remind me of him.
This a quilt that I cut, sewed x's on each square, stacked them into columns and packed it away. I found it when I was looking for fabric for Garrett's quilt. I think it turned out lovely!

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

Wow! that quilt is beautiful!! Garrett's is cool too. Very boyish :)

Fun times with that 11-2 branch! Way to go finding coupons for four kids! Too fun. Happy late birthday Uncle Jess!