Monday, April 22, 2013

If you can't remember the last time you exercised, it's been too long

Grainy self-portrait


















 Water bottle? Check. Towel? Check. Swim suit? On. Un-mentionables? Yup. I.D.? Check. 
I guess there's nothing stopping me. I'm headed for the pool and a deep water aerobics class.
I even bought a month membership. It's pretty scary, this trying to be healthier. But having a new beach bag helps.

It's going to take some motivation to get here


It's a nice facility and it's not too far to drive. I got there in plenty of time to get my paperwork done and  get into the pool. I was welcomed by none other than my sister-in-law, Anita. She says she is there most every day when she isn't running errands. It will be nice to have someone to show me the ropes.

Lovely old architecture 


 This is directly across the street from the community center.  I remember seeing this building years ago when I would pass by this way. It's very lovely. It's over a hundred years old. It belongs to PGE. Built in 1906!
Meanwhile back in the Copper Country...
Hang in there guys!!! Spring is on its way. I promise.



6 comments:

Reese said...

Awesome. Cute new bag too. Water classes are just so much fun I think, did you like it?

Lyssa said...

Good on you mom! Hugs from way over here :) that bag is super cute! We are very proud of you!!

mommarazzi said...

I may try the shallow water aerobics the next time. It took me awhile to get over the slight motion sickness from bobbing in the deep end for an hour :P Perhaps I had the floatation belt too tight.

Lola Bacon said...

Way to go! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my water aerobics class! It took me a few weeks to get the hang of the motions, but once I did, I really enjoyed it. It's fun, and I always feel so much less pain and so refreshed after. When are your classes? I hear Dishman is colder than Columbia, but my instructor speaks very highly of the folks over there.

mommarazzi said...

Lalita, I can go to class every Monday-Friday at 9:15. It's also offered a couple more times each day. I'm not going to make it to more than one class this week but starting next week I'd like to get to at least three per week.

Lola Bacon said...

Wow - three days a week is impressive. I started with once a week for a month or two and have been going twice a week for the last year or so. I hope it's a good fit for you! I love "my ladies" at the pool.